home / Forums / Bodybuilding / Training / Full body workouts

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by mario mario 5 years ago.

Full body workouts

Discussion in 'Training' started by mario, Mar 01, 2019.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
mario
mario
381 posts
  • Mar 01, 2019

Forgotten but still great.

3 full body workouts per week is everything a novice should do. And sometimes works for a seasoned lifter as well.

AdVisor
AdVisor
270 posts
  • Mar 02, 2019

That seems to be what all the football programs are doing also

Goomil
Goomil
Participant
146 posts
  • Mar 05, 2019

mario said:Forgotten but still great. 3 full body workouts per week is everything a novice should do. And sometimes works for a seasoned lifter as well.

I was thinking of implementing this too, my current work schedule is extremely loaded and keeping training sessions at 3 would help with my overall activity management.

Do you guys think each of those 3 sessions should be a bit longer than a normal 4-5x times per week training … like 1h30 instead of 1h ?

mario
mario
381 posts
  • Mar 06, 2019

^ It depends on how well you recover. Do it for a few weeks and listen to your body. Alternatively, you could try a Doggcrapp A/B 3x per week. It’s a good program that works just fine.

Lilgumby
Participant
49 posts
  • Mar 06, 2019

I like fortitude training . Hit  a body part 3 times a week with utilizing different rep/set schemes

DevilDoc
Participant
1 posts
  • Mar 14, 2019

Sometimes I find a split day works best. I tend not to waste time in the gym. No chatting, no looking, no mirror time. It provides me maximum intensity for about 35-40 minutes which is optimum. Heart rate stays elevated and I walk out accomplished. Run to my activities, feed well, and walk back in later in the day to polish off a body part and move to next body parts. Most days it’s a win-win. I recommend it to my novice friends as a way to enhance fat burn and to break up a plan.

Anyone else use this to break their routine?

mario
mario
381 posts
  • Mar 15, 2019

DevilDoc said:Sometimes I find a split day works best. I tend not to waste time in the gym. No chatting, no looking, no mirror time. It provides me maximum intensity for about 35-40 minutes which is optimum. Heart rate stays elevated and I walk out accomplished. Run to my activities, feed well, and walk back in later in the day to polish off a body part and move to next body parts. Most days it’s a win-win. I recommend it to my novice friends as a way to enhance fat burn and to break up a plan. Anyone else use this to break their routine?

Not really. It’s more a psychological thing for me. Not that I dislike going to the gym, but once I’m done with a workout, I just can’t see myself going back there on the same day. I can go for a walk or a bike ride, but not the gym.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent forum posts:
Zillagreybeard replied 3 days, 7 hours ago
Zillagreybeard replied 3 days, 7 hours ago