This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Zillagreybeard Zillagreybeard 4 years, 7 months ago.

Egg Protein

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Zillagreybeard, Aug 27, 2019.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Zillagreybeard
Zillagreybeard
Participant
1880 posts
  • Aug 27, 2019

Whey protein has been shown several times over to be the top choice for supporting muscle growth with training. However, many people have milk allergies that make consuming whey, well, uncomfortable. Luckily, egg protein has a similar leucine content and excellent digestibility ratings which likely make it a suitable replacement for whey protein. However, due to a variety of reasons, research into egg protein and muscle growth is lacking, especially when compared to whey protein. Therefore, whey is still the best evidence-based choice, but egg protein is more than likely a solid second option.

▪️ Source: Jäger, R., Kerksick, C. M., Campbell, B. I., Cribb, P. J., Wells, S. D., Skwiat, T. M., … & Smith-Ryan, A. E. (2017). International society of sports nutrition position stand: protein and exercise. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 14(1), 20.

mario
mario
381 posts
  • Aug 27, 2019

I have problems with whey myself and only use meat and egg whites.

Zillagreybeard
Zillagreybeard
Participant
1880 posts
  • Aug 27, 2019

Whey has always upset my stomach. Years ago, ISS had a egg protein that I loved but sadly they no longer make it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent forum posts:
Harrisjake replied 8 hours, 29 minutes ago
sg0883564 replied 10 hours, 10 minutes ago
steven johns726 replied 10 hours, 10 minutes ago